- Have served as lay and professional leader in education, conservation, environment, media and the arts
- Built a nonprofit education foundation from ground up by analyzing best practices, building a research task force and recruiting initial board of directors.
- Created and managed collaborations with a variety of community organizations in many disciplines.
- Developed new fundraising and revenue streams for nonprofits.
- Recognized for excellence in leadership in several nonprofit disciplines.
- Led and modernized a longstanding community media organization recognized for journalistic excellence; company won 26 national awards during my tenure.
- Led significant growth in online and social media outreach.
- Created new live events for personal interaction with readers and supporters
Civic and Commercial Real Estate Development
- Ran St. Louis office of a national parks and open space nonprofit; partnered in major community greenway initiative and innovative projects, such as rail spur for elevated bicycle trail and large Missouri River island for wildlife refuge and conservation.
- Completed more than 3 million square feet of retail developments, including department stores, mixed-use projects and traditional community shopping center.
- A strong background rooted in legal practice, training and expertise